Thursday, July 2, 2009

Garden Updates and the Mystery Berry

The garden is growing like crazy! I've been finding so many new fruits and veggies. Take a look:

This here is the mystery berry. I found it near the plot of land behind my house that recently had a house demolished and trees taken down (this is also the same sight of my wishful thinking for a community garden). I thought at first that it was a wild strawberry, but I found some that had completely ripened and turned black/purple.

Obviously this one isn't ripe just yet.




Any ideas on what this may be?


This is my red sunflower. I'm excited to see just how deep of a red it will really be.


I'm so excited about my green beans.




One of my first green peppers!


Here is our broccoli. It finally looks like the real thing.




These are my yellow cherry tomatoes. My grandma, NaNa, is always going on and on about how much she loves yellow tomatoes because they are less acidic. So this year, I have taken her advice and grown some. I can't wait to see her face when she gets her hands on these.




Bush Goliath has been hanging on to these tomatoes for quite some time. I'm excited that one is finally starting to turn orange/pinkish.



If anyone is discouraged about starting a garden just read this book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life. It can make anyone want to eat their home grown veggies. It made me want to be a better locavore.

No comments:

Post a Comment