Monday, April 27, 2009

April is National Gardening Month


How quickly this month flew by. New seeds, dirt, clay pots. Feels good to get back into the swing of things. It was a long winter. Although you can grow plants indoors all winter, it is just not the same as getting down on your knees and getting your hands dirty in the garden. Most of my plants I started from seed are about 4-6 inches tall. They are still in a sunny location in my home, but in two weeks,I will be able to get them all in the ground and watch them grow all summer. Tomatoes, peppers, squash, herbs, corn. And I can't forget sunflowers. I'm hoping to create an inviting border of sunflowers around the house this summer. I'm not just talking just any old sunflower, either. I'm talking mammoth sunflowers and beautiful deep red varieties. This is going to be a wonderful gardening thyme, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment